Wilson Hui has over 10 years of experience in civil and commercial litigation. He has advised and represented clients in cases of varying complexity involving contractual, trusts, tax, mergers and acquisitions, professional negligence, personal injuries, insurance and family law disputes, etc.
Apart from court proceedings, Wilson has also advised and represented clients in arbitrations and tribunal hearings. He has also acted as expert on Hong Kong Law in court proceedings in Taiwan and the PRC.
Wilson is also admitted as barrister and solicitor in Victoria, Australia.
– Represented two insurance professionals (including the top selling director) of an international insurance company who have successfully defended all the disciplinary charges against them at the Insurance Agents Registration Board (IARB). The allegations include the mishandling of clients’ funds and failure to render proper advice on the insurance policies (with Mr Robin McLeish).
– Represented the successful claimant in an arbitration. The claimant, an aircraft management company, has successfully claimed against the aircraft owner for its outstanding fees and charges. The claimant also dismissed all counterclaims alleging the breach of aviation rules, failure to maintain the aircraft and provide adequate pilots, cabin crew and mechanics. Expert evidence on aviation regulations and aircraft maintenance considered (with Mr Richard Khaw, now Mr Richard Khaw, SC).
– Represented a hydropower company in a dispute arising from the mergers and acquisitions of over 20 companies at the consideration of over RMB 300 million (HCA 901/2015).
– Represented a businessman in a High Court trial fixed for 10 days. The parties eventually reached an amicable settlement at trial. The disputes lasted over a decade and involved complicated issues surrounding the development of a piece of land in the PRC (HCA 2811/2003).
– Represented the CEO of a US company in a tax appeal to the Board of Review. One of the issues considered was whether the sum of about USD7.29 million received by the taxpayer pursuant to a confidential settlement agreement should be chargeable to salaries tax (B/R, 44/12).
– Advised numerous companies on profits tax issues including the locality of their trading profits (in his own right or led by Mr Russell Coleman, SC)
– Regularly advised plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury cases on the issues of liability, quantum and evidence.
– Advised insurers on insurance policy coverage and policy liability.
– Advised the husband in a matrimonial dispute concerning the division of matrimonial assets and maintenance for the wife and two children.
Business and Commercial Law
Probate and Family Law
Tort Law and Personal Injuries
Administrative and Public Law
Land and Property Law
Tort & Personal Injuries
Company and Insolvency
Regulatory and Disciplinary