Stephanie T.Y. Lam林端儀大律師
• Call: 2014 (HK)
• Mediator, HKMAAL Accredited (2015)
• Accredited Mediator for Building Management cases in the Lands Tribunal (Listed under Building Management Mediation Co-ordinator’s Office)
• Associate, Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) (2016)
• Juris Doctor, University of Hong Kong (2012)
• PCLL, University of Hong Kong (2013)
• Master of International & Public Affairs University of Hong Kong, John Hopkins University Paul H. Nitze School of Advanced International Studies, D.C., USA (2009)
• Bachelor of Science (History) (Communication Studies), Northwestern University, IL., USA (2006)
Stephanie has a broad civil and criminal practice, and has appeared as an advocate in the Magistracies, Juvenile Courts, District Court and High Court. She has also been instructed as junior counsel for appeals to the Court of Final Appeal.
Stephanie was also accredited by the Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association in 2015 and is qualified to undertake the role of general mediator in a wide variety of disputes. Prior to her career in law, Stephanie’s expertise mainly focused on international affairs and local public policy analysis. She also has working experience in business entrepreneurship, non-governmental organizations with specific focus on youth matters, the HKSAR Government, as well as in the private banking industry in both Hong Kong and the United States.
Stephanie has been involved in a wide range of civil matters, including cases involving:
• Personal injuries law, employees compensation, medical negligence and proceedings at the Medical Council
•Land, town planning and environmental law, Chinese customary law
•Matrimonial and family law
•Contract, commercial law
•Probate and trust law
•Judicial reviews, human rights, administrative and public law
Stephanie has accepted instructions in personal injuries and employee compensation, probate, land disputes, matrimonial cases involving child custody and ancillary matters, judicial reviews and general commercial matters. She has acted as legal adviser for cases involving Chinese customary law in land disputes, environmental and town planning law, divorce cases, and written opinions for Legal Aid grants. Stephanie appears regularly in Legal Aid appeals in the Master’s courts for a variety of cases.
Stephanie conducts trials on fiat as Prosecutor for the Department of Justice and appears as Duty Lawyer in the Magistracies and Junvenile Courts on a regular basis. She has been instructed privately as counsel for defendants at the Magistracies, District Court and for appeals to the Court of Final Appeal. Stephanie has also been instructed as defence counsel for cases involving prosecutions from the ICAC and Planning Department.
Stephanie accepts instructions in all areas of Chambers’ work, and pro bono work. She has a keen interest in trial advocacy and public speaking.
Stephanie has sat as an Academic Tutor of Law at St. John’s College (HKU) since 2012, and was a mooting coach for the HKU LLB program in 2014.
Fluent in English, Cantonese and Putonghua
• Member, Standing Committee on Civic Education, Hong Kong Bar Association
• Member, Standing Committee on Constitutional Affairs and Human Rights, Hong Kong Bar Association
• Academic Tutor (Law), St. John’s College, University of Hong Kong
Business and Commercial Law
Customary Chinese Law
Land and Property Law
Probate and Family Law
Public Law & Human Rights
Tort Law & Personal Injuries
Administrative and Public Law
Land and Property Law
Tort & Personal Injuries
Company and Insolvency
Regulatory and Disciplinary
Ms. Beatrice Chan